Why We Have a Huge Crush on Brené Brown…
Ever had a nerdy crush on someone because of their brilliant ideas? Ever thought to yourself “wow, I’d love to meet her/him, she/he’s a freaking genius”?
Well, Left Field has. We love Brené Brown.
Haven’t heard of her? My friend, you have some Googling to do!
To catch you up, Brené is a researcher and storyteller, and currently a professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She has given a number of TED talks, written numerous New York Times Best Sellers, and has even appeared on Oprah!
Brené’s 2010 TEDx Houston talk, The Power of Vulnerability, is one of the most viewed TED talks in the world with over 25 million viewers.
Brené speaks and writes passionately about empathy, shame, vulnerability, worthiness, resilience, and parenting. She is the Founder and CEO of The Daring Way and COURAGEworks – an online learning community offering eCourses, workshops, and interviews for individuals and organisations ready for braver living, loving, and leading.
We’re bragging, we know. She is pretty amazing.
We particularly love her two online clips – Brené Brown on Blame and Brené Brown on Empathy. As facilitators, and as women, we really connected to her messages. That got us to thinking, what is it about her that makes us want read her books, watch her TED talks, and share her philosophy with our clients, family, and friends alike?
Top 5 Reasons We Love Brené Brown (and why you should too!)
1. She is able to speak about complex topics with such simplicity
2. She speaks openly about issues which are often taboos, drawing on humour to talk about the things most of us want to avoid talking about
3. She uses her own authentic experiences to make her messages relatable and real
4. She reminds us that we can be great people, if we are brave enough to get in touch with our own fragilities
5. Her voice. She has a remarkable ability to tell a story and bring you on the journey!
So, watch the videos, be inspired, and join us in our love for Brené. For more fabulous information, visit: http://brenebrown.com/
~ Left Field Team
Want to know more about us? Visit us at http://leftfieldco.com.au/our-team/